How to Prepare?
Turku Baba Sahlab powder can be made according to the following method:
- Sahlab powder is dissolved in a little cold milk
- Add the previous mixture to the milk in the saucepan.
- Pour the water over the mixture, stirring at high speed until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Leave the mixture on the fire until it boils until obtaining a thick orchid.
- The Sahlab is distributed in cups. Cinnamon is spread on the face
Now you can share it with family directly.
- Sahlab is rich in mucilage and proteins. It is mixed with honey or sugar, starch, milk and chopped pistachios and boiled to become a thick, cohesive and delicious hot liquid.
- It is considered one of the most delicious drinks in the winter season because it provides the body with most of the nutrients rich in the benefits that a person needs in order to renew his energy and cells and a period of warmth, intimacy and happiness.
- Sahlab is also a soothing, astringent food for children’s diarrhea and stomach ulcers, and for those with dysentery and tuberculosis. It is also prescribed for poisoning cases, as it is a stimulant for blood circulation. It is considered one of the most popular drinks in Turkey, dating back to the Ottoman era.
This drink gives warmth to the human body. It has many other benefits.