Mehmet Efendi coffee is one of the best and most distinguished types of Turkish coffee. not only in Turkey, but around the world, After gaining a good reputation for providing Turkish coffee products with the original taste, distinguished packaging and the quality of coffee beans.
Nutritional values of Mehmet Efendi coffee
Nutritional values for 100 grams:
- Calories 173
- Carbohydrates (g) 1.50
- Protein (g) 10.30
- Fat (g) 12.70
- Fiber (g) 64.90
- Cholesterol (mg) 0.00
- Sodium (mg) 4.00
- Potassium (mg) 1730.00
- Calcium (mg) 146.00
- Vitamin A (UI) 1.00
- Vitamin C (mg) 0.00
- Iron 16,80,000
Ingredients of Mehmet Effendi Coffee
100% ground Arabica coffee.
Does not contain allergens.
The difference between the original Mehmet Efendi coffee and the imitation
Despite the spread of Muhammad Effendi coffee in most countries of the world, this caused some people to take advantage of it and sell counterfeit coffee with the same name. Therefore, it is advised to pay attention to the advantages of the original Mehmet Effendi coffee to distinguish it from the imitation coffee, the most prominent of which are:
the color: The original coffee is dark in color while the imitation coffee is light in color.
Odor: The original coffee carries the aroma of freshly roasted coffee in the traditional Turkish way. While imitation coffee lacks this distinctive aroma.
foam: The original coffee is characterized by having a foam that appears on the surface of the cup and does not disappear as quickly as other types of imitation coffee.
How to make Turkish coffee
- One tablespoon per cup of coffee.
- Turkish coffee powder is added to the pot, then cold water is placed in the amount of a cup of coffee and stirred well.
- Sugar is added as desired at the stage of stirring the coffee before putting it on the fire.
- Turn on the electric pot of coffee or kindle a light fire under the copper pot.
- Stir the coffee constantly until the creamy, foamy surface appears and rises to the top of the bucket, then turn off the fire or the machine.
- Now, gently and quietly, take a part of the creamy face using the tablespoon from the bucket and place it in the coffee cup, approximately one spoonful for each cup.
- Pour the coffee from the side of the cup, not from the middle, quietly, without lifting the bucket from the cup too much.
- Don’t forget to serve chocolate or Turkish delight next to the coffee and enjoy.
History of Mehmet Effendi Coffee
The beginning of Mehmet Effendi’s coffee began in 1871, when Mehmet Efendi was helping his father in the coffee roasting and selling shop. At a young age, he was preparing traditional Turkish coffee with simple hand tools. Thus, Muhammad Effendi’s store was the first store to sell roasted and ground coffee. After the coffee beans were sold to people without roasting, They grind and roast them themselves at home.
Muhammad Effendi died in 1932, but his profession, which he inherited from his father, was also passed on to his children, who preserved the authentic taste of Muhammad Effendi’s coffee and developed the methods of making it by bringing in the latest equipment, machines, and supplies. Until people from all over the world came to Mehmet Efendi stores in the Eminonu district of Istanbul, In addition to exporting coffee to dozens of countries, And selling tons of them on a daily basis.
For more information about Mehmet Efendi coffee and its products, we advise you to read our article: The famous Turkish coffee maker Mehmet Efendi
There are no reviews yet.